Saturday, April 25, 2009

The Lord speaks to everyone, but also to every one...

"I thank my God, making mention of you always in my prayers, hearing of your love and faith which you have toward the Lord Jesus and toward all the saints, that the sharing of your faith may become effective by the acknowledgement of every good thing which is in you in Christ Jesus." (Philemon 6)

The amount which we share our faith with others is really commensurate with the degree to which we realize how valuable our testimony is. If we believe that we have nothing to offer, either in the member's of the church, or sharing with total strangers, then we shall remain timid and afraid of showing the work that Christ has done and is doing in our lives. No amount of listening to pastors, sermons, diatribes, etc., will make us realize how great a testimony we have to share; none but the Holy Spirit can do that. For myself, learning that I have a purpose and that the grace and glory of God is worth fighting through my own inferiority complex for, has and isn't an easy battle. But I will never give up, until it becomes second nature in showing how awesome my God is, and it's not all about me. There will always be plenty of lies right in front of our faces, but that does not mean we should choose to accept them. May the peace and understanding of Christ be with us always, Amen.

No comments: